Summer is back! And with the warm weather comes the infamous “Summer Backlog Challenge.” If you aren’t familiar with this challenge, you pick a number of games of your choosing in your backlog and try to complete them within a said time period.
My challenge is going to be finishing the following five games between the dates of June 1st, 2013 through September 1, 2013.
1. Bioshock Infinite (2013) – I’ve long wanted to play the Bioshock games, yet have never found the time to do so. I had started a playthrough of the original Bioshock, but lost interest in it when I built my new rig. Infinite, however, feels uplifting with the brighter colors and smoother gameplay. I’m looking forward to this one.
2. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (2013) – This is the most recent game that I picked up. Since hack n’s slash rgs are my favorite video games and I enjoy the lore of the Van Helsing family, I figured why not?
3. The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (2011) – I enjoy the lore behind LoTR. My buddy Blake talked me into this purchase, but I never got around to it. I need to start playing more RPG anyhow.
4. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (2013) – an arcade fps set in the wild west. Nuff’ said.
5. Grid 2 (2013) – I love cars! I also hear great things about this series. I own both, yet have never even loaded them up. Time to give this a change.
I will keep the blog updated with any info on the challenge such as what I’m playing, when I finish a game, and what I think of the game once I’m done.
I’ve attempted this challenge over the last three years and I’ve failed miserably each time. I’m in a gaming period of my life where I feel the need to actually complete games. I have the motivation and feel that these titles won’t be overbearing. LET’S DO THIS!